Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kaelan Turns 6!

Kaelan turned 6-years old on January 12th.  Although I can't believe I have a 6-year old, we are so proud of him and we feel extremely blessed that we get to be his parents.  He continues to do outstanding in school and is reading independently more and more.  He reads everything around him - signs, labels, billboards, stuff on TV - it's sooo fabulous!  His teacher sends home book bags every week with easy readers.  There's usually 1 or 2 very easy ones and the 2 or 3 that are meant to be read by the parent or together.  He now reads all of them by himself.  I've been meaning to get a video of this but of course I always forget.  His amazing memory is proving to be an incredible academic asset as we expected it would.  He retains everything and then is able to make connections later when he gets home which shows that he's actually understanding what he's learning.  I truly wish I could record all of the things he says.  He amazes me on a daily basis!

Here are some pictures from his birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  Of course I still don't have my camera (although I'll hopefully get it back in the next couple of weeks) so my good friend Kathy was nice enough to be my photographer with her good camera.  Thanks Kathy, you're the BEST!!!!

He wanted a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party.  Since they don't have a Jake cake anywhere, he opted for this Phineas and Ferb cake.


Perhaps his favorite part, the ticket blaster.

Grandpa and Papa with baby Blake

Love the determined look on his face...haha

Playing games with Daddy

Great form!!!

Giddee-yup horsey!

Not a fan of characters, when Chuck E. was round, he was glued to Mommy.

The grandparents got stuck watching the little one the whole time.  Of course they didn't mind.  :)

Trying pizza for the 1st time.  A definite fan.

So proud of himself for standing (with Grandma's support of course).




Loved his 1st ever ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment