Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Blake Update

I've decided to post a little something about each boy over the next few days.  I'm starting with Blake for the simple fact that I was filing some paperwork and came across his 6-month well visit stats and realized that I had never shared them.  Being that his 9-month well visit is next week, I thought I should post those ASAP.  Better late than never I guess.  At 6 months and 5 days old, Blake weighed in at 17.75 lbs, ranking him in the 53rd percentile (down from the 75th at 4 months).  He was 26.75 inches long which ranked him in the 60th percentile.  Other than an odd rash (which cleared up quickly with some cream) on his thighs, back, and upper arms, he was fabulously healthy.  He was trying to sit up by himself, making movements like he wanted to crawl, making eye contact (or eyes depending on who he was looking at - he's a flirt like the other 2), drinking plenty of milk, sleeping well, happy all the time, making lots of noises, etc.  Although he had successfully eaten a few veggies by this time, he started to get very inconsistent with "people" foods.  He basically had decided he wasn't a fan by 6-months which worried me a bit.  I hadn't started fruits for fear he would never go back to veggies again.  The dr said to keep trying and that if it didn't change in the next couple of weeks I should call him.  However, literally within the week, he started enjoying "food" again and after having carrots, sweet potatoes, mixed vegetables, and even green beans, I introduced some fruits, which of course he loved.  :)  As you'll see in some of the following videos and pictures, it didn't take him long to start sitting up and army crawling (both he did within a month of that visit).  I'll add some more recent developments when I post his 9-month stats (hopefully late next week) but for now, here's some yumminess!
Sitting up unassisted for one of the 1st times but only lasted for 5-7 seconds.  It wasn't long before he was sitting long enough to enjoy his toys more.  Mike and I have decided that he likes toys a lot more than the other 2 at this age.

After he mastered sitting up, it wasn't long before he was on to his next  task...the army crawl.  This little trouble-maker made Christmastime a lot more exciting.  Here he is getting into the gifts Kaelan got Papa and Nana at his school Christmas Fair.

He is very interested in Jasmine.  I love the look on her face...haha.

First time swinging outside.  I'm dying to get a little swing for our set in the backyard.  That's a must have as soon as the weather improves.

Happy Colts fan!!!

Loves his toys!

Playing at the zoo

I was in the kitchen cleaning up after breakfast when I started hearing the loudest squealing from the other room.  He had made his way to the hardwood foyer where he realized his voice carried and echoed a bit.  Why do all these boys have to be SO LOUD!!!!!  :)

I had to include this picture because it shows his chubby little face.  It's almost as bad as Kaelan's when he was on steroids.  LOVE!!!!
Finally, a clip of him giggling.  Sorry for the shakiness.  Apparently I was enjoying my role as jester a little too much.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment