Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Just Pictures...Indy #4

These are more pictures from our day at the Fort Wayne Zoo. I think I said before that I grew up visiting this zoo with my grandparents, parents, and brother. That first picture was taken inside one of the old safari cars we would ride in (which was always my favorite part).



Kaelan experiencing another one of my fondest memories...the lion drinking fountain.




Obviously it's been many years since those safari rides I loved so much. They have now changed the attraction to a skyway. There was a 2-year old age requirement. I didn't want Max to miss out on the chance to experience my favorite memory so he was 2 for the day. However, once we got on, it started going up, and he started moving around, I became terrified. It was a LONG way down, and as you can see, he was definitely small enough to fit through the bottom of the safety bar. AAHHHH!!!


Kaelan rode with Grandpa, and although he wouldn't fit through the opening, Dad was still a little uneasy whenever K would move to get a better view or look for us. But look how cute!!!
A much needed cooling off. I just wish we had one of those portable misters because it was WELL over 100 degrees that day. I can't believe the boys were so well behaved and we all had SO much fun in that weather.

We got Max out of his stroller as much as possible and he was very grateful!


You can see their poor sweaty heads :)







Playing the African drums








There was this little outpost in "Asia" that provided fabulous photo-ops and MUCH NEEDED air conditioning!!!


Everything he can do...


I can do better :)





Under a mammoth-type skeleton


Surfing on a komodo dragon


No one's looking at the camera but I LOVE this shot of 3 happy guys playing together!!!


Playing on the fake train





Playing on the real train





"Hi Grandma!!!!!"


Kaelan as a joey





The final activity, a relaxing (and hot) boat ride





No visit to Fort Wayne would be complete without visiting Grandpa! This was the first time he and Max had met, but as you can see, they hit it off beautifully!!!


Great visit, great family, great kids, great memories!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment