Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our Big Boy

Ok, so here's my problem. We have a very uneventful life that usually doesn't merit a new post. But, then a bunch of intersting/fun/exciting things happen all at once and although I want to share it all with everyone right away, it's usually so much that the blog seems so overwhelming. As you can imagine, there isn't a ton of free time that's not taken up by at least one of the kids (Mike included...hahaha). So, in an attempt to not take up too much of your time, and to take advantage of the short free moments I have, I'm going to post a bunch of shorter posts. Here goes...

Well, it's official. We truly have a big boy on our hands. Kaelan is not my little mama's boy anymore (not by my choice of course). He has been potty trained for quite some time now but was still using his pull-up during sleep times for #2. He now uses the potty for everything and stays dry during naps and often times at night as well. His vocabulary is extensive and he's not afraid to share it with ANYONE. He can have a complete and very detailed conversation, often repeating things over and over again either to get his point across or to simply prolong the conversation for attention. There are MANY days (usually on the weekends) that Mike and I miss the days when he couldn't talk. Sometimes we have to tell him that we need a break for a few minutes and that we shouldn't talk. I know it sounds horrible but trust me, it is NECESSARY! So, on top of being completely potty trained and OVERLY verbal, he now knows how to ride his bicycle. We made the mistake of getting him a big boy bike and bypass the tricycle. As I said in a previous post, we regretted that decision because he didn't understand that to go forward you have to press the pedals foward. We attempted to teach him this using a big wheel but the poor guy can't reach the pedals. We've tried on numerous occassions to ride his bicycle but he just coudn't quite get the hang of it. However, one evening a couple weeks ago, he randomly wanted to ride his bicycle so we got it out and off he went. Out of nowhere he began pedaling correctly and moving forward. We of course were so happy and proud, but no one more proud than Kaelan himself. Although he still had some trouble here and there, he was determined and we went all the way to the end of the street. Unfortunately, by the time we had to turn around, he was over it and Mommy had to push the bike all the way back home. A small price to pay for sharing such a fabulous experience. I do miss my little man but I'm so proud of everything he is accomplishing. Here are some pics and a video to share.









1 comment:

  1. What a big boy!! I can't wait to see him so soon, I hope at the end of this month! Of course I can't wait to see you and Mike and Maddox too! :)

    ReplyDelete